I’m teaching a 12-hour comedy class over four weeks for novices who want to learn the basics, amateurs who want to make the leap to paid gigs, and professionals who want to improve their game. The course will focus on the Art, Business, and Craft of stand-up, including time to workshop material.
Fall classes are now open and enrollment is limited, so sign up now.
Four 3-hours class sessions, professional headshots, and a high-definition video recording of the Graduation Show are included in the $400 tuition. Early bird tuition is just $300 when enrolling by August 31. Sign up here.
Classes will meet at the DC Comedy Loft in the Bier Baron Tavern on Sundays, noon to 3pm. To allow student ample stage time to prepare for the Graduation Show, there are off-weeks in the schedule. Classes will meet on the following Sundays:
The Graduation Show is scheduled for Saturday, November 9, at 5pm. Advanced tickets may be purchased here.
I’m bringing 25 years of experience and all the insights I’ve gathered over that time, from the mundane to the monumental. What are you going to bring? (A notepad and pencil would be good for starters.)
Some of my qualifications:
- 25+ years working professionally in comedy clubs (as well as cruise ships, colleges, etc.) around the country
- Grand Prize winner of Comedy Central’s national stand-up competition (Laugh Riots)
- Numerous competitions and festivals, including Just for Laughs in Montreal, San Francisco, Boston, and others
- Ranked as one of the “Top 100 Comedians” in an industry poll
- Last Comic Standing, Comedy Central, The Learning Channel, Late Friday and more
- I think my work speaks volumes: check out sample clips at robertmac.com/videos