Our latest comedy class is over, and now the graduates of the ABCs of Comedy are ready to show off their stuff. Please join us for our Graduation Show on Saturday, June 15. Doors open at 4pm and the laughs start at 5. I’ll be starting the show with a stand-up set and then turning it over to current (and former) graduates. Hope you can make it.
If you want to try your hand at stand-up, look below. Fall classes are in the works. Dates TBD.
I’m teaching a 12-hour comedy class over four weeks for novices who want to learn the basics, amateurs who want to make the leap to paid gigs, and professionals who want to improve their game. The course will focus on the Art, Business, and Craft of stand-up, including time to workshop material.
Tuition includes professionally photographed headshots and a Saturday night “showcase” performance, which is professionally recorded.
Sundays, May 19 through June 9, from noon to 3 pm at the DC Comedy Loft in the Bier Baron tavern. A final performance will be held on Saturday, June 15 (time TBD) and is open to the public. Students are required to work on sets outside the course and will be required to coerce 10 people to the performance. I mean, “successfully invite.”
Reserve your spot here now. Just $395 while spots remain.
I’m bringing 25 years of experience and all the insights I’ve gathered over that time, from the mundane to the monumental. What are you going to bring? (A notepad and pencil would be good for starters.)
Some of my qualifications:
- 25+ years working professionally in comedy clubs (as well as cruise ships, colleges, etc.) around the country
- Grand Prize winner of Comedy Central’s national stand-up competition (Laugh Riots)
- Numerous competitions and festivals, including Just for Laughs in Montreal, San Francisco, Boston, and others
- Ranked as one of the “Top 100 Comedians” in an industry poll
- Last Comic Standing, Comedy Central, The Learning Channel, Late Friday and more
- I think my work speaks volumes: check out sample clips at robertmac.com/videos